Here we are...

...a group of Baby Boomers of sundry religious,
political and cultural orientations, who have been
meeting at the Voorheesville Public Library since 1991
to read and discuss each other's poems.

We include old fathers and young grandmothers,
artists and musicians, and run-of-the-mill eccentrics.
Writers are welcome to stop in and stay if they like us.


Some of Us

Some of Us
Dennis Sullivan, Beverly Osborne, Tom Corrado, Edie Abrams, Art Willis, Alan Casline (all seated); Paul Amidon, Mike Burke, Tim Verhaegen, Mark O'Brien, Barbara Vink, Philomena Moriarty

Friday, March 30, 2007

Late Night (and I am not sleeping)

Anyone who did not attend the Batt Burns storytelling evening at the lib this week missed an interesting evening. Burns is handsome and charming and funny. His wife accompanied him playing some old Celtic tunes, and he recited Keats who is one of my favorites. I spotted Joyce and Steve and Mike Burke and obeedude. I indulged myself in a massage this week with Mary Panza. I highly recommend her if anyone is looking for masseuse. Did I spell that right? Her studio is in Delmar and you can catch up on good poetry gossip. Someone showed up for poetry this Thursday. I don't know if it was one of the regulars or a new person. It is always confusing when there are five Thursday in the month, as in March. We have all been passing out flyers for the brunch and I am hopefully anticipating a crowd. Mike's granddaughter won a poetry prize recently at school (she is five) and I asked her to come and read it for us. If anyone is talking to Susan Riback or Larry, please encourage them to come too. Jill Crammond (remember Jill?) left a comment here on the blog. Mimi had a problem trying to log in to comment. If anyone else is having trouble, let me know. Or ask Mark, as he has done it successfully. The lib has a couple of new poetry videos I have here to watch this weekend. I have poems for the new anthology from a couple of people. Send them in, folks, so this does not drag on forever like the first edition. There is only one more meeting before the Event, so I will see you on the 12th. Somebody bring a camera in case I forget. We need some new pictures.
Lily Alys

No comments:

Post a Comment