Here we are...

...a group of Baby Boomers of sundry religious,
political and cultural orientations, who have been
meeting at the Voorheesville Public Library since 1991
to read and discuss each other's poems.

We include old fathers and young grandmothers,
artists and musicians, and run-of-the-mill eccentrics.
Writers are welcome to stop in and stay if they like us.


Some of Us

Some of Us
Dennis Sullivan, Beverly Osborne, Tom Corrado, Edie Abrams, Art Willis, Alan Casline (all seated); Paul Amidon, Mike Burke, Tim Verhaegen, Mark O'Brien, Barbara Vink, Philomena Moriarty

Monday, December 29, 2008

A few things

It was a good turnout yesterday and I was impressed with Tom's presentation. That voice was mesmerizing. Too bad you can't just talk that way, TC. My only problem was wanting to see the pictures while you were speaking. Dennis and Georgia, thanks for having us over. Dr. Jarus seemed to enjoy himself and the pumpkin pie was superb.

I want to remind you all about Steve Lewandowski being here at the lib on Sunday at 2 pm. I guess Alan will be emceeing that one.

Dan Lawlor sends goodbyes on his departure for FL.

My weekend was lovely in New York with Josh and Amy and the boys.

Peace.
bv

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/30/2008

    I've been to a lot of open mics. Tom Corrado's was the most interesting and well put together feature I've ever seen. Many of us haven't been together in a while, I really appreciate we got together as poets both at the feature and at Dennis' afterward. Dan Wilcox is a great addition.

    - Tim V.

    ReplyDelete