Here we are...

...a group of Baby Boomers of sundry religious,
political and cultural orientations, who have been
meeting at the Voorheesville Public Library since 1991
to read and discuss each other's poems.

We include old fathers and young grandmothers,
artists and musicians, and run-of-the-mill eccentrics.
Writers are welcome to stop in and stay if they like us.


Some of Us

Some of Us
Dennis Sullivan, Beverly Osborne, Tom Corrado, Edie Abrams, Art Willis, Alan Casline (all seated); Paul Amidon, Mike Burke, Tim Verhaegen, Mark O'Brien, Barbara Vink, Philomena Moriarty

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Commentary from Mimi

Barb - I wanted to make a comment to the group about last Thursday
night's blog, but my cranky dial-up doesn't want to cooperate with the
blog site comments....
so if you don't mind posting this.

I want to thank Paul for his compliments about my work. I enjoyed the
smaller group and the thoughtful responses, and was happy to be
there. BUT....when I got home, my husband was waiting for me at the
door with a telephone in his hands. He had just received a panic call
from good friends who were sitting in a restaurant in Greenville
wondering where the heck we were!! I completely forgot that we had
made dinner plans (I even confirmed them the day before via e-mail)
with good friends. They jokingly told me later that they need younger
friends who can actually remember dinner dates.....

Anyway, it might give you a chuckle to think of me sitting in the
Voorheesville Library blithely critiquing poetry, and missing a very
nice dinner date.

Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment