Here we are...

...a group of Baby Boomers of sundry religious,
political and cultural orientations, who have been
meeting at the Voorheesville Public Library since 1991
to read and discuss each other's poems.

We include old fathers and young grandmothers,
artists and musicians, and run-of-the-mill eccentrics.
Writers are welcome to stop in and stay if they like us.


Some of Us

Some of Us
Dennis Sullivan, Beverly Osborne, Tom Corrado, Edie Abrams, Art Willis, Alan Casline (all seated); Paul Amidon, Mike Burke, Tim Verhaegen, Mark O'Brien, Barbara Vink, Philomena Moriarty

Friday, November 21, 2008

Lily Alys weighs in

I am hoping that the first commenter on the last blog was not serious as the attitude expressed shows a lack of understanding, both of poetry and human nature. Having an agenda is an intrinsic part of each one of us, making us who we are. How foolish to think that we could write a poem without it being colored by our own personality. It is fun for me to be able to identify the writer by the style and subject matter of the poem. It means that we are developing our own "voice", which is a good thing.

Thank you all for commenting, whoever you may be. I wish that we could get that kind of response after every meeting. I will take the suggestion that I should post anon comments, as long as I approve the tenor of the remarks. In plain English, if you want to say something critical, it's okay with me as long as you put your name on it. If it is nasty and unsigned, of course, I will ditch it.

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment